Brad,
I don't see how a minor export problem would impede your ability to design
within
Protel.  If the "bug" actually caused a manufacturing problem or caused a
fabrication  error,  then I
would the first to call it a bug.  How do  you know the ACAD DWG  format
doesn't  support the feature, then the problem isn't Protel but ACAD or some
other problem associated with dwg or dxf. There are one thousand things that
ACAD does wrong with its own dwg and dxf formats.  It hardly worth pointing
the finger at Protel for this one,  yea I might agree with you that it works
or doesnt work like you say, but disagree about labeling it a bug, since it
doesnt impede anything.     Sorry if I  criticized your input just my
opinion....   its a tall order to ask a program to translate flawlessly,
especially into Acad.   I'm with Dennis,  I use Acad to check fit and form.
We use camtastic to export dxf which is more reliable than dwg file transfer
between Protel and Acad

Mike