Anand

Try turnig on Mid Layers 3 and 4 on the board, and I think you will find
your other two missing layers of your component. You may actually have to
"create" them in the Layer Stack Manager before you can enable them (turn
them on).

I think that the problem may have something to do with the placement
mechanism simply assigning the sequential layers in the component to what it
preceives to be the sequential layers of the design, irrespective of the
actual layer names, and even irrespective of those layers even being enabled
(or present) in the design.

I know that many of the "standard" boards that are used to make a copy of a
"standard board" when you use the PCB Wizzard, have these bizzare layer
numbers in them (like Mid Layer 29, and 30), and I have found it very
benificial to get rid of them in my designs by going into the Layer Stack
Manager before I ever do anything else and just dumpong the bogus layers (29
and 30)and creating sequential layers (3 and 4), so that all of my internal
layers (or planes too) are numbered sequentially.

If you already have data on those layers (29 and 30), then maybe you can
create new sequential layers (3 and 4), and "copy" everything from 29 to 3
and 30 to 4, and then clear everything from the old 29 and 30 and then
delete them. It might even be easier to create a new board in a new
database, and copy everything over from one layer in one database to the new
layer in the new database.

Of course, another option would be if the component layers actually do show
up on Mid Layer 3 and 4, just copy yhem to where you want them, but remember
that you will have to do that everytime that you do an component update.

Make sure that whatever you do, you experiment with a copy of your database,
since I may be totally out to lunch on this one, although I have encountered
forms of this behaviour, and I think that this may be what is happening.

Hopefully this will help or at least point you in the right direction.

JaMi Smith