> >> Once you take over a net you can double click on a pin in the net and
> >> change the model and stimulus for that pin.
> >
> > Is there a way to assign a component a whole IBIS file (ie the IBIS file
> for
> > that component includign pins etc) as opposed to just each individual
> pin??
> > I was thinking in terms of a component properties entry or similar.  ie
> In
> > the PCB or Schematic workflow...
>
> This is another area where DXP improved things. It is much easier to
> assign models to a component and they stay with it since you assign them
> while creating an integrated library.
>
> I have noticed with 99SE that once you assign a model to one pin the other
> pins of that type get most of the fields from that one. Unfortunately not
> all the fields carry over.

In 99SE if you just go to Reports -> Signal Integrity, then it shows lots of
info, including two sections...
One of the sections is labelled:
ICs with valid models
the other is called:
ICs With No Valid Model

>From this, I thought that maybe somewhere you could specify (per component)
what IBIS file to use to obtain the component characteristics.
I can't seem to find anything on this in any of the help files however... :(