Let me make sure I am hearing this right... you swapped the motherboard and
processor but kept all of the other components the same and tried to boot up
the machine without reinstalling the OS?

-----Original Message-----
From: Katinka Mills [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 11:50 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: [PEDA] problems loading in DDB's after machine upgrade? then
read this !!!!!!!

Hi All,

I nearly had a major problem, I have just spent the last 3 hours trying to
get P99SE to run on my new AMD 2000+ machine running PC2700 DDR ram (the new
333Mhz stuff)....

Problem #1 Protel was crashing on most operations (start auto router then
stop it and it would crash)

Problem #2 All my (well the 5 I tried) DDB's would fail to open, If I tried
to repair I would get a JET DATABASE error of -1023 (or -1032).

Background:

This machine was a victim of M$ OS BS Change a Motherboard so I can use a
new CPU and M$ thinks it is a new install even though the Network card and
HDD are the same (ARRRRGGGHHHH) so it was time to start from scratch (and as
I was I put a new 40Gb 7200 RPM drive in as I now HAD to reinstall all the
software and the old one is 2 years old, running 24/7)

Solution:

In my haste to reinstall everything I forgot ONE minor Step to run the SP6
for Protel.

SO now a question, is it just me or does SP6 save a DDB so no previous
release can open them ??????? I will remember this one, as it frustrated me.

BTW all my projects are on a network drive so I can access them from both
the Office PC and the Workshop PC.

Regards,

Kat.

---