<snip>

> >SO now a question, is it just me or does SP6 save a DDB so no previous
> >release can open them ??????? I will remember this one, as it
> frustrated me.
>
> No - the DDB format is the same.
>
> More likely you have a problem with the MDAC drivers.  The Protel KB has
> links to the MS site for the latest MDAC drivers - these are to
> do with the
> JET database engine used by Protel to store the binary blobs (sch, pcb
> files) in the DDB.
>
> You should be able to find the latest MDAC drivers on the MS www site as
> well - somewhere in the downloads section I assume.
>
> Apply SP6 and apply the latest MDAC drivers and see if that fixes
> anything.
>
> Ian Wilson

Hi Ian, I can appreciate this, but why when all I did was to install SP6
does it now work ?

The exact symptoms:

Try to open a DDB that was saved under SP6, it wants to import the DBB into
a DBB, you let it do it, then it complains of invalid file format (sorry I
missed that but it was very late last night)

Regards,

Kat.

---