On 11:50 PM 14/10/2002 +0800, Katinka Mills said:
>Hi All,
>

>I nearly had a major problem, I have just spent the last 3 hours trying to
>get P99SE to run on my new AMD 2000+ machine running PC2700 DDR ram (the new
>333Mhz stuff)....
>
>Problem #1 Protel was crashing on most operations (start auto router then
>stop it and it would crash)
>
>Problem #2 All my (well the 5 I tried) DDB's would fail to open, If I tried
>to repair I would get a JET DATABASE error of -1023 (or -1032).
>

>Background:
>
>This machine was a victim of M$ OS BS Change a Motherboard so I can use a
>new CPU and M$ thinks it is a new install even though the Network card and
>HDD are the same (ARRRRGGGHHHH) so it was time to start from scratch (and as
>I was I put a new 40Gb 7200 RPM drive in as I now HAD to reinstall all the
>software and the old one is 2 years old, running 24/7)
>

>Solution:
>
>In my haste to reinstall everything I forgot ONE minor Step to run the SP6
>for Protel.
>

>SO now a question, is it just me or does SP6 save a DDB so no previous
>release can open them ??????? I will remember this one, as it frustrated me.

No - the DDB format is the same.

More likely you have a problem with the MDAC drivers.  The Protel KB has
links to the MS site for the latest MDAC drivers - these are to do with the
JET database engine used by Protel to store the binary blobs (sch, pcb
files) in the DDB.

You should be able to find the latest MDAC drivers on the MS www site as
well - somewhere in the downloads section I assume.

Apply SP6 and apply the latest MDAC drivers and see if that fixes anything.

Ian Wilson

Considered Solutions Pty Ltd     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ABN: 96 088 410 002
5 The Crescent
CHATSWOOD   2067
Ph: +61 2 9411 4248   Fax: +61 2 9411 4249