Glen,
schematic entry. Within the schematic go to "O"ptions, "P"references, select
the default tab. Under the partfields you can set which partfields are
visible or hidden when the part is brought into the schematic. This is
global for all parts but I think this will suffice for what you want.
Remember to check the permanent checkbox or else the settings are lost after
the current session. In our case we set partfield1 and partfield3 as visible
in this manner.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com
Norsat's Microwave Products Division has now achieved ISO 9001:2000
certification

<SNIP>
> fields in a schematic. Can the hidden status be set individually in a
> library part?);
> description, default designator, footprint alternatives are filled in.

<SNIP>