Does Protel DISPLAY the clearance blowout on all planes? Some planes?  If it
does display, then it's a Gerber-generation issue.  If it does NOT display,
then Protel "thinks" it doesn't need it, and it'd be useful to try playing
with design rules, pad sizes, etc., to see if this changes.

Are they free pads, component pads, or vias?

I assume you double-checked that they have a "No Net" assignment. :)