At 03:45 PM 11/21/2002, Mike Reagan wrote:

Are the traces you drew  intersecting or going thru the holes?   The DRC
will not  check for traces on the planes under any conditions.
----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Eloranta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Mike, I have no split planes passing thru the hole. I do have traces drawn in
the planes that channel currents.
The comment on "traces drawn in the planes that channel currents" probably refers to an ad hoc split plane, created by drawing "tracks" or "lines" on the plane. These would not cause shorts, though they might cause opens, since they are not DRCd at all, beyond the warning that you will see prefixing a DRC report. It is better to use split planes or midlayer copper pours with separate nets and a virtual short or other similar device at the common meeting place; but I won't go into detail on that here beyond saying that this will provide schematic-controlled star or other configuration split grounds that are a single net on the final PCB and which are DRCd.

I still think that the pads themselves should be examined, the problem is most likely there, as I suggested in a prior post.