Hi Mark,

Here are two links to papers that discuss the subject of soldering to gold plated PCB's. The first is theoretical, and the second is practical (they agree with one another). The guidelines you are looking for are on the last page of the second paper.

http://www.npl.co.uk/ei/documents/gold.pdf

http://www.alphametals.com/products/solder_solutions/pdf/soldergld.pdf

Regards - Harry