Terry
your part does it have an arc on it? because few part on my lib like fid and
TP have arc on it and from time to time i have a "lock" on Protel (crash)
when pasting, happens only when i have arcs on it, either trace or parts,
that why i am verry carefull with arc now, save often so you don't loose too
much when crashing.
Maybe someone can investigate on this!

Jean Bourgouin
PCB Cad Designer