Mike/Brian

I also get this all the time because of the location of the Fiducial marks (normally
close to board edges).

In my case it is because of a combination of the contents of the comment field
("Fiducial")and the default text size, although hidden, is still outside the board
edge.

The effective component area (or boundary box) seem to be taken from the extremities
of all primitives, hidden or not, so technically it might be outside the board area.

I have also seen the displacement of comments for other parts due to moving blocks
about the workspace when not visible. Also, sometimes if you tell the sw to centre
comments/text on any parts without a pad (logos, mech outlines...) the comment (still
hidden) will shoot off to the centre of the workspace (not the board). Usually I find
this when I get the error that the PCB does not fit the film size.

Hope this helps

John