Brian wrote,

> I've seen this before with a component which has only "1" contact, just
like a test point.

Hi Brian,
I have seen some similar problems with fiducials.  My fiducials patterns
contain a keep out circle around the soldermask.  When I select outside of a
board area,  the fiducials are always picked up.    It is as  if their
origins are out of range.  I have tried recreating the "1" contact part and
the problem is repeatable.     I never nailed the problem down, but I will
look into elimating the keepout circle to see if that works.

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick MD  , USA