Hi Everyone,

    Last year, I had a run of 1000 PCB's (4 layer) where 80% initially passed QC, then
90% of the pass PCBs failed after a few days
of use.  After exhaustive investigation, I cut right through the PCB with a huge pair
of scissors.  It turned out the PCB's middle
layers had around 25% the normal copper thickness & all the traces where also around
-4 mil in some areas.

    Are there any tricks, test patterns where I could easily determine the following
for a 16 layer PCB panel without having to
slice up the panel:

1) Alignment of each of the middle layers.
2) Vertical thickness of the copper on the middle layers.
3) Horizontal thickness of the traces on the middle layers.
4) Drill hole alignment for all of the layers.

Thanks,
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.
Brian Guralnick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]