Steve,

Actually, the "XTRA" package looks like something that a lot of Protel Users
and even other people interested in Protel (P99SE or DXP) might want to buy,
expecially considering the "maturity" of the P99SE Product, with or without
SP7, and especially considering the pricing, which is getting right back
down there around the range where it sould be.

It seems that many people have wanted this for years, and they only now
offer it, and only for a limited time.

Unfortnately, it appears that if was only offered thru 12/31/02, and while
the link below will still get you to the special offer webpage for "XTRA" as
of the time of this writing, it appears that you can no longer access the
webpage from the main Protel webpage, so it would appear that the offer is
"history".

I dont think that want to offer this for too long, even in their appearnt
current despairation and willingness to sell anything for any price, simply
because it will cut into their DXP Sales.

On the other hand, I recommended to Altium here in the forums a while back
that they should keep P99SE as an established product, along with DXP.

Maybe this "XTRA" offer is a feeler in that direction, although the timing
and duration of the "special offer" is such that I don't think that they
will get a real "feel" for that "market" by running such a short special at
this time of the year.

Then again, maybe they were just trying to save their stock price by getting
a few extra sheckels in the quarterly earnings department.

JaMi