JaMi,
Thanks for both answers. No I asked him are you sure about the recycle bin
many times myself and there was nothing in there. Yes I would doubt the
different hard drives would account for 2 meg, and I also put the design
on my machine and compacted it with not much difference than he had.
As far as moves/rotates, that is what I thought, that the only thing that
should happen is if you pick a ref point for the move object off grid or
also I think grab it off grid yes ALL will no be off grid. And that ALL of
the
items should stay as a unit. Now I am not sure what is going on as this
designer is very new to Protel, so still not sure exactly what he did but
I wanted to start to rule things out with some help of the forum at least
to see if anyone experienced this with a move.
He might have selected an off grid ref point but a via or trace should not
have moved off its connection to each other within this group move I
would have thought, but I think (and I stress think) that
is when quite a few of these connections became not quite connected
by a small amount. Now the design will photoplot as fully connected
but the system does not know that.
I will need to sit down with him next week and take a closer look at what he
did,
he is off site, I have a copy of the design I will be looking over this
weekend
to see if I can shed some light on what's up.
Thanks for the help
Bob