On 08:20 AM 8/01/2003 -0500, Mike Reagan said:
Ian
I think you missed Jamies humor.       But I think Jamie may be wrong about
the 99 -99SE transition.     99 had several support packs   maybe not called
service packs .  99SE was released as a "new" product.  I am waiting for my
DXP to arrive any day now,   I am glad Altium pressed a new CD.

Mike Reagan
Wouldn't be the first time - different planets I think. :-)

Jami's memory regarding P99SE is pretty much correct. P99 was released followed by a service pack (SP1). At about this time there was discussion by users and a poll that covered a number of desired features and stability/speed issues. Shortly after P99SE was released that included and encompassed P99 SP2. SE was given free to all P99 users. P99SE included almost all of the new features that had been discussed by the forum. Due to changes in the file format (to include the new mech layers and other stuff), I guess Protel (as it was at the time) saw a difficulty in calling it simply a service pack since it had a different incompatible file format - hence P99SE. So P99SE is P99sp2 with additional features. The P99 product essentially died when the product branched to P99SE - but this is really semantics isn't it.

Ian