In a message dated 1/16/2003 6:27:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Sorry for the late reply to this, but it seems to be still unresolved at
> this time, so I thought I would throw my two cents into the fray.
>
> Could this possibly be related to whether or not you have "Indexing
> Services" turned on on that particular machine.
>
> If I understand correctly from reading the help files, if "Indexing
> Services" is turned on it "runs continuoisly" in the background, and which
> may therefore be causing this.

This sounds vaguely familiar and may be applicable to some problems I'm
seeing as well. I know I've seen it before, but don't have time to go
spelunking right now. Where does one go about determining whether indexing is
active, and/or turning it off? I'm running W2K.

Steve Hendrix