Andrew,
        what does the software listing of the processor type have to do with
the functional compatibilities? I just want Windows to list the Intel
designation by it's common name and capabilities (i.e. P4, 256K internal
Cache, etc.), not some code that only an IT expert can understand or look
up. I have even tried searching Intel's website for a listing of these
family and stepping codes cross-related to the standard processor family
names, no luck. I know the list exists (according to our MIS) but I couldn't
find it.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer