do you really mean '2.4mm rout'
not '2.54mm route' ?

not trying to be a ball buster here but i have been thinking about this
dimension lately

here in the land of Feet and Pounds some of my fabricators like 0.093
router bits since that is a fractional inch dimension

this is of course a pain for design, so we draw everything at 0.100" and
they either joggle the bit or use an actual 0.100 bit

anyway, i have been thinking about going to 0.050 router bit width
do you have any comments on the ups and downs of that?

are the router bits too thin and breakable or whatever ?
(062 thick bds)

i have a board where it would actually save an appreciable amount of
material

also regarding your breakaway holes
we have been fiddling with those for some time
(the size, count and arrangement)
but we always seem to get little 'tits' where the breakaway occurs
these are small sharp protrusions that in some cases need to be cleaned
up

i see that you (Ian) use .029 holes
we use holes more like 0.020 - 0.022 spaced pretty close
AND NON-THRU PLATED!
(else the little plating barrels can be an electrical hazard as they
detach)

also on a related topic
anyone have a feel for a reasonable design tolerance for the location of
V grooves?
i know they are a bit sloppier than routing
but they are attractive in certain cases

Dennis Saputelli

--
Dennis Saputelli

  ========= send only plain text please! - no HTML ==========
Integrated Controls, Inc.           www.integratedcontrolsinc.com
2851 21st Street                    tel: 415-647-0480
San Francisco, CA 94110             fax: 415-647-3003