The behavior of Protel 99SE-SP6, is the same, C1 will also
become C1_1 and so on.

I'm using the export to spread option in such cases,
then I run a small client basic script that will change
the designators. Finally the new designators will be
transfered back to the pcb with the update process.
The script is very small. I've no experience with DXP.

As stated erlier in this forum, you are not allowed to close
the pcb in the meanwhile because update will not work anymore
in ths case.

Dipl. Ing. Jörg Guttmann
eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit our Web Site:   http://www.imar-navigation.de
iMAR GmbH
Gesellschaft für inertiale Mess-, Automatisierungs- und Regelsysteme
Systems for Inertial Measuring, Automation and Control
Schlackenbergstrasse 41a
D-66386  St. Ingbert / Germany

Tel.: +49-(0)6894-9657-34
Fax : +49-(0)6894-9657-22