At 03:28 AM 3/14/2003, Z Hylton wrote:
I am panelizing a number of small boards, (5 caps, two SOP16 packages). I'm
using DXP and when I copy the second board, all the designator's names are
changed. C1 becomes C1_1, ...the third board has designator's changed from
C1 to C1_2... and so on.

Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? Or maybe it's best to move
everything back to 99SE once again and do the work there?

You'll have the same problem in 99SE. You are not really "panelizing," you are copying primitives including footprints, and footprints have reference designators, and reference designators must be unique.

To panelize, use CAMtastic.

I haven't tried it in DXP, but I did panelize a board in 99SE. I panelized the gerber, not the original board file. I think CAMtastic is better, it was designed for tasks like this.