i will bet you a beer it is printer related
i have seen this intermittently on this specific problem of crashing on
opening a schematic

pcb opens ok, right?

trying making your default printer one which is local to the machine and
working
reboot etc
make a new schematic and open and save it before trying the trouble
puppy again

i don't think that this particular problem requires the reinstall
procedure

Dennis Saputelli

--
Dennis Saputelli

  ========= send only plain text please! - no HTML ==========
Integrated Controls, Inc.           www.integratedcontrolsinc.com
2851 21st Street                    tel: 415-647-0480
San Francisco, CA 94110             fax: 415-647-3003