I have to agree with you here. All the same I don't really care what the
managers do with our engineering docs so long as the documents are
effective and assist the work. At the same time, dealing with suppliers
whose service has been limp, I have been able to get a lot of leverage and
a hot line to the CEO by questioning ISO credentials. If no one questions
accreditation and pours scorn on the process then don't expect it to serve
you either..... etc.

                      Terry Harris

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Protel EDA Forum <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      me.com>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [PEDA] Fw: A little OT -
ISO9000 was :PCB labelling
                      09-Jun-2003 04:36

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      Protel EDA Forum

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 13:33:37 +0100, Chris Lowe wrote:

>any fool can write ISO procedures badly, for ISO to work well for a
>company then the procedures must be written in such a way as to help the
>company in doing its business rather than hindering it!

Shame having a fool writing the procedures doesn't preclude ISO9000
approval.

As a customer what does having ISO9000 approval tell me about a supplier?

Sod all - but it is much easier to bullshit your way through your own
ISO9000 approval by deciding to only buy from ISO9000 approved suppliers.

Cheers, Terry.