When I attempt to generate CAM files (F9 after designating gerber file outputs) for 3
particular PCBs I get the following error message:  "The Film is too small for this
PCB"

I have made sure that there are no extraneous items outside the board area
(edit:select:outside area  then deleting anything selected) and checked the footprints
in the design to see that they are compact (primitives not offset wildly from the
origin for the footprint).

These 3 PCBs measure 8.3 inches by 14 inches but I haven't found anything in the
online help about a maximum board size that is supported.  A coworker tried reworking
the board and cut it down to 8.3 inches by 10 inches and had no success generating the
files on her machine (so the problem isn't
with my copy of Protel).  The items that were copied from one board to another have
been deleted and replaced and still no success at generating CAM files.

I generated a dummy board and I was able to generate Gerber CAM files for it.

Any suggestions?  Thanks for your assistance.

Brian Heeter
NSWC Crane Indiana
(812)854-4772