Hi Heeter,
You need to set up the film size in the 'Gerber output' properties in the
CAM manager.  You will find this under the 'Advanced' tab in the properies
dialog box.

Regards

Dave

                      Heeter Brian T

                      CNIN                      To:       "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      e.navy.mil>               cc:

                                                Subject:  [PEDA] trouble generating
Gerber files in Protel 99SE
                      11-Jul-2003 03:41

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Protel EDA Forum"

When I attempt to generate CAM files (F9 after designating gerber file
outputs) for 3 particular PCBs I get the following error message:  "The
Film is too small for this PCB"

I have made sure that there are no extraneous items outside the board area
(edit:select:outside area  then deleting anything selected) and checked the
footprints in the design to see that they are compact (primitives not
offset wildly from the origin for the footprint).

These 3 PCBs measure 8.3 inches by 14 inches but I haven't found anything
in the online help about a maximum board size that is supported.  A
coworker tried reworking the board and cut it down to 8.3 inches by 10
inches and had no success generating the files on her machine (so the
problem isn't
with my copy of Protel).  The items that were copied from one board to
another have been deleted and replaced and still no success at generating
CAM files.

I generated a dummy board and I was able to generate Gerber CAM files for
it.

Any suggestions?  Thanks for your assistance.

Brian Heeter
NSWC Crane Indiana
(812)854-4772