Have you tried making the film bigger? Once you get it to plot, you can see what the problem is.

At 10:41 AM 7/11/2003, you wrote:

When I attempt to generate CAM files (F9 after designating gerber file outputs) for 3 particular PCBs I get the following error message: "The Film is too small for this PCB"

I have made sure that there are no extraneous items outside the board area (edit:select:outside area then deleting anything selected) and checked the footprints in the design to see that they are compact (primitives not offset wildly from the origin for the footprint).

These 3 PCBs measure 8.3 inches by 14 inches but I haven't found anything in the online help about a maximum board size that is supported. A coworker tried reworking the board and cut it down to 8.3 inches by 10 inches and had no success generating the files on her machine (so the problem isn't
with my copy of Protel). The items that were copied from one board to another have been deleted and replaced and still no success at generating CAM files.

I generated a dummy board and I was able to generate Gerber CAM files for it.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your assistance.

Brian Heeter
NSWC Crane Indiana
(812)854-4772

Cheesecote Mountain CAMAC, 24 Halley Drive; Pomona, NY 10970 voice: 845 364 0211, fax: 845 362 6947, www.cmcamac.com