Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:

It probably makes more sense to buy the parts yourself, and find
a part time person who can assemble it directly under the guidance
of the person who designed it.

That's true if all you are using is TH or 50mil SMT. For smaller stuff and
BGAs, how do you do that by hand with part time help?

If ** I ** can do it, with tired eyes and shaky hands, I'm pretty sure I
could train anyone with reasonable vision and hand-eye skills to
do it in a fairly short time, one-on-one.  (Heh, I have trained my
wife, who finds sewing to be almost beyond her, to do modest SMT
work.)  I'm currently working with a number of chips with .5 mm lead
pitch, and 0402 passives, and I do it all by hand.

Now, BGAs, I admit, are beyond the tools and techniques I have developed.
I think I could do a BGA, but I'd have absolutely no way to check it, other
than boundary scan and similar electrical testing.  So, that is one place
that simple manual techniques really hit the wall.

Jon