Jon,

There could be problems with hand soldered components.

Ceramic capacitors, for example has a tendency to break and
become resistor with 10-100 Ohm resistance.

Probable, due to thermal tension from manual soldering.

I had such problems in the past.

Worst of all, it usually happens weeks or even month later.

That's why I don't want hand-soldered SMT board go to the field.

Reards,
Yuriy.