From: "John A. Ross [Design]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 7:02 AM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] P99SE has Altzheimers' ?

I am a regular Pads user, maybe not a proficient one, but I have had a
copy on my desk for much longer than I have had Protel.

But good luck in finding a 'non' religious Pads User, they tend to be
die-hards to the end. Most of the Protel based designs I send to Asia
end up in Pads format anyway at some point.

I use both layout tools simply because the layout tools within 99SE/DXP
have different abilities to Pads.

For one the Autorouter in Pads works, it supports jumper insrtion
correctly, it had way better PCB rules support than 99SE, and the rules
UI is much more intuative than DXP.

But as for a point by point, and ease of use, UI analysis etc I think it
would be an even enough score (Autorouter excluded) as the 2
applications have the same core abilities, but each of them offers
different benifets in certain areas depending on the board design
itself.

I could not preceive life, without having both tools at my disposal.

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications ltd
Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]