At 07:02 AM 9/19/2003, John A. Ross [Design] wrote:
But as for a point by point, and ease of use, UI analysis etc I think it
would be an even enough score (Autorouter excluded) as the 2
applications have the same core abilities, but each of them offers
different benifets in certain areas depending on the board design
itself.

This is, in fact, not an even score, unless you have already factored in price -- or you bought Pads when they had their brief Kill-Protel-Accel fling. I did, and I returned it when I found that the software license provided that they could withdraw the license if you didn't keep up on maintenance....

It would be surprising indeed if PADS were not stronger than Protel in at least some areas.