From: Website Visitor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 5:06 AM
To: proteledaforum
Subject: [PEDA] How to place non-plated thru holes?

Hello --

I was directed to this group as the place where most Protel experts hung out.  I am a
newbie to Protel and am using Protel99 SE for PCB layout.

My question is simple:  I want to place a non-plated through hole on my design.  I
want to void out the plane layers around the hole also.  How do I do it?  It appears
that I can either place a pad or a via, but neither is really a through hole, and it's
not obvious (to me, at least) that they will correctly void out the plane layer.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom,

Stuart

Posted from Association web site by: Stuart Brorson