Igor Gmitrovic wrote:

You can set the pad size as small as you want, even as a negative value. Usually, I set it to 0 (zero) to make sure the pad copper does not show at all. If you want to sort them by size and still don't want copper, set pad sizes to different negative values.

Dennis, this is not an attempt to give you the definitive answer.

Igor

Just for an alternate viewpoint:

I like to have a copper pad around mounting holes (and I let them be plated). I make the pad a bit larger than the screwhead or other mounting hardware - this gives me an automatic "keepout" area around the hole so that I can't run traces where a screwhead might cause a short. The pad doesn't need to be connected to any net.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF