You can try this utility, it is free and comes with source code.

http://www.proteluser.com/download/bitmap_to_pcb/

Or you can buy a utility called Klipper

http://www.desktop-eda.com.au/products/Klipper.htm

Both utilities can import bmp files and convert to a PCB file where you
can cut/paste/save to library, parts the logos etc you require.

For your font issues it may be quicker just to type what you want in a
text editor of your choice and just capture the screen with a graphics
tool and save to bitmap, instead of trying to get the fonts natively
into a text string in Protel.

John