In a message dated 11/18/2003 4:19:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>          The Protel 99SE has a Report Generating Mechanism for BOM
> creation.
> I want an add-on utility or a process script that can separately count the
> number of SMD and Through-hole components. Can someone comment on it ?.

You'd first need some criterion in the database to decide which is which. Is
it automatically a throughole component if any pad has a nonzero hole? Maybe,
but I can think of a lot of exceptions, like SMT connectors with guide pins.
If a component has both surface pads and throughhole pads, which is it? What
about my straddle-mount DB-9 footprint? If you can define the criteria by which
to sort the parts, it should be pretty straightforward to dump to a
spreadsheet and get the counts from there.

Steve Hendrix