What the #$%@ is going on now ? ? ?

Can anyone out there understand any of this, or is this just more Protel
/ Altium Jabberwake.

On one hand it looks like they are trying to make a case for making a
new product out of something that they were supposed to give us as part
of DXP and nVisage to begin with, and on the other hand it seems that
they are going to end up trying to charge us money to even fix (oops,
they will never fix it - so I guess that the more correct word would be
finish) DXP SP3.5 (build 18550372).

Maybe I just need to get a good nights sleep before I try and read this
thing again.

On the other hand, maybe we just need to nuke Australia - well maybe not
the whole Country, but at least Protel / Altium.

I think it may once again be time to wake the sleeping giant of customer
/ user opinion, but this time, unlike before when Altium supposedly
abandoned ATS (only to re-clothe it as so clearly shown below), maybe we
need to do it in a much more coordinated manner, that guarentees the
outcome in writing.

And what the #$%@ is Protel 2004.

Could this possibly be Service Pack 7 ? ? ?

What is with these guys. Is there something about all of the blood
pooling in their brains as they stand upside down on the bottom of the
world, or what ? ? ?

Protel 99 SE is still incomplete, and needs some patches ! ! !

DXP / nVisage has been lost in la la land for months and months and
months, and still can't route a board to completion ! ! !

Does anyone else out there besides me think that it is about time that
Protel / Altium needs to come up with some real good answers.

Maybe it is just about time to call a lawyer or two, and get a good
class action lawsuit going here for SP7, SP8, SP9 and the Source Code
for 99SE, and not only a full refund for DXP, but also some very very
large punitive damages to cover the purchase of and retraining on some
other EDA Software as a real solution to our EDA problems and woes.

Needless to say, this is posted here, and not in the DXP Technical
Forum, so I don't get banned once again for speaking the truth and
seeking honest answers to honest questions.

Seriously, I am not just writing this to provoke an answer from Ian or
Abd or Tony, and in fact I beg you guys not to take this off topic and
run it all downhill into the gutter as has been done in the past.

We who are DXP Licensees have spent a very very long time waiting for
Protel / Altium to fix the major problems in DXP, and have had no
response to many many questions regarding the status of DXP, only now to
find out that they have apparently not been busy trying to fix the
problems with DXP, but coming up with something new for which they will
ask us for more money.

For those who did not get a copy, please read the original announcement
below.

The one that really really really has me fuming is the statement "
Updates and enhancements that were under development as part of Service
Pack 3 for nVisage and Protel will not be released for the DXP versions,
but have now been integrated into the nVisage 2004 and Protel 2004
releases.

Protel / Altium - I don't think that you really know what you are
getting yourself in for, and you might want to rethink your whole
approach about selling your customer base a non functional system, and
then turning around and saying that you are not going to fix it.

JaMi Smith