From: Rene Tschaggelar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 2:18 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] double pins

I'm usually coming from the Update design, update footprint, ... This time I also tried to create and load a netlist manually. It didn't work as it didn't assing a net to both, just one. I also found the soldermask to be negative. How do I cover something that is blank copper ?

Rene

I assume you are meaning a pad, in which case you could add a negative
clearance value to the pad which is enough to cover the pad completely .
If this is to be a permanent changes, then do this at footprint library
level, as any time you update from the PCB library, users changes will
be over written.

I also suspect you may have done a footprint update on the part after

This is not that reliable when using the same number' methodology, it
does work, but only reliably at first import when no primitives are
connected to the pads. If you make any footprint updates then you can
expect issues. Trying to re-import the netlist using netlist load or
update PCB sometimes just does not work.

I uploaded a sample design for you to
http://www.proteluser.com/download/same_pinno/ which is a recreation of
what I seen happening. It is almost exactly like your example here.

I avoid using this same number method for connecting rows in preference
for two part symbols with 1,1A type naming conventions, wherever I can,
especially if the footprint is not mature and is being updated.

Hope that test board makes sense to you, I opened it up and checked all
was Ok before uploading it (it is old)

[snip]