[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I just wanted to share a tip for a difficulty that I've seen discussed here many times, just an alternative to the solutions presented here in the past.

I needed to make some modifications to a previously laid-out board which had ground pours on both sides of the board. Deleting the polygons and recreating them later was a problem because they had irregular shapes. All I did was to increase the width of primitives in the polygon to 2000 mils (yes, 2 inches wide). That leaves the polygon entirely intact and in place; in fact, I can even click or dblclk where it should be and have the polygon show up in the selection list or open the appropriate dialog box. However, all other "traces" (pun intended!) of it are gone from the board, allowing me to push parts around and lay tracks at will, without green lights lighting up all over. When I'm done, I simply set the width back to the original 20 mils and allow the rebuild. Presto! The polygon is back just like it was, only now with all the right clearances on the new features.

I tend to grab the polygon pour and move it out of the way. Upon dropping it, the question about repouring comes up. No, don't repour at the moment.

Then update the pcb with whatever.

Then grab the polygon pour again, but this time at a defined
location, such as a corner. Now move the polygon back to the
original position and this time let it repour.
That's all.

Rene
--
Ing.Buro R.Tschaggelar http://www.ibrtses.com