ok, point taken, thanks for the encouragement, keep 'em coming

how about this one:

i once had a power port symbol "+12V2" connected to one end of
a resistor

the rest of the board was all "+12V" for that power and i didn't
notice it
good 'ol cut and paste - it wasn't my fault! :)

anyway the resistor didn't go anywhere on one end
and in the usual mad proto rush it was shipped because the
DRC was happy

does DXP catch this ?

BTW, this is not a 'single pin net' since the netlist shows 2
items:
+12V2
R112-2

the 'isolated' power port counts kind of like a 'pin'

i poked around a bit in 99SE and couldn't find a way to flag it

yes manually inspecting the netlist would have caught it and
truthfully isn't very hard to scan through even a big net list
for this sort of thing

and for the record ...
at one time i may have been in the DXP-basher camp (some time ago)

at this point since i have not used DXP much i don't think it would
be objective or fair for me to bash
i hope i have not lately presented such an attitude

i would prefer to be categorized as simply a non-DXP user who is
very reluctant to 'move on' based on what i saw during a few
brief forays

when 2004 ships i intend to give it another go

Dennis Saputelli

Tony Karavidas wrote:

> There are so many reasons voiced as to why to not move to DXP.
> Here is one reason TO MOVE to DXP. It now checks for that error.
>
> Tony

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com