Regarding the situation of a power port connected to the end of a resistor with no other instance of that power port in the schematic, i.e., it is a single-pin net, Mr. Saputelli wrote:

i don't think 99SE ERC will catch this

With the default error matrix, yes, it does not. However, if you set all the Unconnected boxes in the error matrix to Error or Warning, it will report it, I just checked. I leave the matrix set that way.

However, note that if there is a second pin in the net, perhaps on the same page, ERC has no way of distinguishing this as an error; what you will get, if other power ports or net labels in the schematic should have been the same but are in fact different, is a two-pin net, not connected to the others. As, indeed, we would expect.

To deal with this contingency, I'd suggest, as one possibility, exporting all power objects to a spreadsheet. You'll quickly see all power objects in the design. (Edit/Export to Spread). However, if the difference between the names is one that is difficult to see, as with VCC1 and VCCl -- "one" and "el" -- you might miss it.

It might be prudent to use an equality test (i.e., =(D1=D2), filled down) in the spreadsheet to verify that the nets are actually identical. In the case I gave, the difference between a one and lower-case L was quite visible because of the proportional spacing, but the equality test, of course, made it really obvious.

Another approach is to generate a net list, take the net list into a PCB file, and use, in 99SE, the Netlist Manager to view a list of nets. In this case, Protel translates lower case to upper case -- case is ignored, so VCC1 and VCCL appear in the net list; it stands out like a sore thumb. Even if the difference between the names was somehow still obscure, the very fact that two nets appear in the list will be a tipoff.

So perhaps it is a good idea to review a list of nets before sending a design off! You could also use the Netlist Status report in PCB to check this....