> DRC would be happy, but a properly configured ERC would not. I always have
> ERC report unconnected pins, and I nail them all down: if there is a
> deliberately unconnected pin, I place a No-ERC directive on it, which from
> then on suppresses the ERC report.

That's what I do too.  It's not just for Protel's sake, it's for my sake
too.  The no-erc symbol tells me that I have thought about that pin and
decided to leave it unconnected.  Otherwise I could be looking at the
schematic later, not remember why I left the pin unconnected, and think "I
wonder if I missed that pin?..."

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.