Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

Actually, I know only two reasons, legitimately, not to move to DXP if you are currently a 99SE user.

(1) You don't have time for retraining right now *and*
(2) You can't spare the cash right now.

Any others?

(3) You want to retain all the functionality that you currently have in 99SE.

(4) You want to stick to the requirement that some day you want to be as productive in DXP as you are currently in 99SE.

(5) You do not want to work with a company that will lie about anything and everything just to get a sale.

(6) You do not want to work with a company that puts in as little thought, or worse yet, as much flawed thinking, into their products.

I don't know how much productivity will be lost during the switch, since I haven't really made the switch yet (though I have DXP);

Try using DXP for doing a board and your attitude may change.

I *haven't* read the manual, perhaps that would be a good place to start!

It would be a good way to kill a day or two for those that prefer their days dead. I prefer my days alive, but I lost a couple anyway cussing at the manual. Reading the manual will not add features that are no longer there or make concepts that are inherently flawed any less flawed.

DXP is not *radically* different from 99SE,

Spoken like someone who has not actually used DXP (that includes all Altium sales people, management and apparently the technical support staff as well).

..but it would be even better if the new program had a legacy mode that simulated the operation of 99SE;

Finally something that we can agree on.

Hamid