Is there a way to control the connection to Planes, or specifically forbid them, by
defining a physical area on the Board?

Is there any other method?

I am thinking of a circumstance such as a BGA where I may have 1 or more connections
which are "control" inputs to the BGA, and that as such they need to be tied either
High (VCC) or Low (GND), but which I do not want to connect directly to the Plane in
the middle of the Board, since I may want to "cut"  them loose from that specific
connection during testing or at some other time.

Is there any other way to do this, short of routing the connection out to a jumper
pattern outside of the BGA?

Another common area where I might want to do this is with a component where I have
to put the Decoupling Capacitor(s) on the back side of the board, and I do not want
the specific via that goes thru the Board to the Power Pin to connect to the Plane
in the middle of the Board (i.e.: I want to decouple the Pin and not the Plane.)

JaMi