At 01:28 PM 1/8/2004, JaMi Smith wrote:
From: "Abd ulRahman Lomax" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> These are all more complex than simply setting a rule for all vias to be
> direct-connect. But it is exactly this which we can't seem to find. I can
> set up a query with Build Query, but I don't see how to point the
> Connection Style rule to the query.

That one I can do.

PCB Rules and Constraints > Plane > Power Plane Connect Style > Plane Connect Panel,
and then select "All" in the "Where the First object Matches" dialogue, and then a
"Connect Style" of "Direct" Connect in the "Constraints" dialogue.

I still don't get it. What about the procedure just mentioned would point the rule toward Vias? I can easily set up a Query that will highlight all vias. But how do I use this or a similar query in the Rule?

It seems to me that what Mr. Smith wrote would set up a direct connect default rule for all pads and vias, not just for vias.