----- Original Message -----
From: "Abd ulRahman Lomax" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 7:23 AM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] [dxp] Controll Connection to Plane by Area

. . .

> These are all more complex than simply setting a rule for all vias to be
> direct-connect. But it is exactly this which we can't seem to find. I can
> set up a query with Build Query, but I don't see how to point the
> Connection Style rule to the query. Nor do I find this in documentation
> anywhere, which doesn't prove it is absent!

That one I can do.

PCB Rules and Constraints > Plane > Power Plane Connect Style > Plane Connect Panel,
and then select "All" in the "Where the First object Matches" dialogue, and then a
"Connect  Style" of "Direct" Connect in the "Constraints" dialogue.

But like you, I can not find any Documentation.

I now am looking for some specific information on the "keywords" used in the Query
Language, as well as an overview of the Query Language itself, and I can't seem to
find them.

I have posted to both Forums on these issues (here and DXP), and I am learning from
both.

JaMi