JaMi Smith wrote:

the ability to apply
the rule directly to a single via, which appears to be the one thing that is not in
the list, although I guess that I could make a seperate via-specification that had a
very very slightly different sized pad, and place it where I wanted the my
"no-connect" via.

That is the simplest solution to the problem. The via specifications allow you to select on a large number of parameters. You can vary the via diameter by 0.1 mil for the no-connect rule.

One off topic question: Why would you ever want a via to connect to a power plane with a thermal relief? The thermal relief is to allow you to heat up the pins of an IC as you solder them in a through hole pad that is connected to a plane. By the time your via goes through a trace to connect to a surface mount pad, you are already far enough removed from the plane that you do not need a thermal relief.

Now the only question is can I do this in DXP?

My first reaction is to respond with "Fat chance" But since I don't know DXP well enough, I will instead respond with: "Good luck"

Hamid