At 08:27 PM 1/18/2004, Dom Bragge wrote:
I'm new to Protel (although definitely a consenting adult for pcb design ;-)

I have DRC set for "AcuteAngle Whole Board min angle 90.0deg"

My condolences.

I'm having some trouble understanding how I handle the voluminous error report when I do a batch DRC on my 2 layer board. It has lots of polygons that I have constructed with a tracksize of 12mil & a grid of 10mil (& thus overlapping to form a solid copper area). It seems that "within the construct" of the polygon there is obviously areas where an acute angle of < 90degrees is formed, that's obvious, but this seems to me to be checking at too low a level. I only really want the checking to be on individual tracks & the outline of the polygon. Have I missed some way of getting this to work properly?

If you have, so have I. This rule works with manually routed boards that have no polygons. It does not do what it should: check copper outlines looking for acute angle pockets. The autorouter (99SE) will create jogs within pads that violate the rule. These pseudopockets are not in the copper because they are masked by the pad. Likewise, as you found, polygons typically contain intersections such that if two traces are considered by themselves, they will have acute angle pockets. The rule was never programmed to do a proper check, so it is almost useless.

How do you do it (or do you turn acute angle off)?

Turn it off....