I call that the "Dumbass touch." :)

Michael Badillo
QT, Inc.

From: "Bagotronix Tech Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2004/01/21 Wed PM 04:25:52 EST
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Autorouter

> Well, remember that only publicly-traded corporations can be
> "bought out" by force.  A privately-held corporation that doesn't
> want to be bought, can't be bought.

I wasn't commenting about whether or not they wanted to be bought.  It's
entirely conceivable that the owners of a legit company with a good product
want to cash out.  Maybe they are tired of putting in 70+ hours a week, and
a good offer comes along.  The culprits are the buyers, who in many cases,
don't have the business sense that God gave to a rock.  Yeah, there's a
business model - create a publicly held company, managed by the "business
school's best" graduates, and well financed by IPO.  Problem is, buzzwords
and marketing do not a good product/service make.  These people buy the
company, and then change everything that made that company a success.  When
you are traveling in the direction of success, you don't do a 180!  But
that's exactly what they do.  It's like the Reverse Midas Touch, where every
piece of gold they touch turns into dung.  I say dung, because even base
metals would have some value ;-)

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.