In a message dated 2/28/2004 4:17:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>         I have a populated board which has two nets shorted to each other
> during assembly. I want to view both of the nets with different colors in
> Protel 99SE PCB document, so that I can locate the potential areas where the
> two nets are in close proximity.
>
> Can some one tell me how to view the two nets with different colors to solve
> the afore-mentioned problem in Protel 99SE ?>

BTDT. I usually do this by selecting one of the affected nets, which
highlights the whole net. Then just click on a short segment of the other net, which
will focus and highlight that net. The segment that you click will remain in
the original color but show drag handles; the rest of the net will be
highlighted. Good luck finding the short - I find this to be a very useful method of
looking for it. I had to do this just last week. Took me about one minute to find
the solder bridge under a microscope this way, because I only had about 3
places to look after a quick look at the board with the nets highlighted.

Steve Hendrix