Steve,

Two things come to mind that you might try.

First - make sure your printer driver is current. There have been numerous problems that have been traced back to the printer driver.
Second (and not so obvious) - the video driver may be causing the crash. I had similar problems a long time ago, and found that I had to back off the hardware acceleration of my graphics card to stop the crashes in Protel99SE.